- We roast to order. This maximizes freshness and minimizes waste.
- For weekly orders, we typically run our production roaster on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Orders placed by 9am on Mondays will be fulfilled the following Wednesday. Orders placed by 9am on Wednesday will be fulfilled the following Friday.
- We kindly ask for 48 hours notice for a “custom” order to be fulfilled. This gives us time to place your order in a roast cue and make a weekly production schedule.
Last Minute and Weekend Fulfillment:
- Although we cannot guarantee order fulfillment outside of the ordering deadlines listed above, we reserve a small amount of coffee to be sold over the weekends in case there is a last-minute need.
- In the event that a customer has not placed an order, or placed an order past the deadline and is in need of coffee over the weekend, we can sell up to 10lbs of a single origin coffee for a slight up-charge. Last minute cold brew is subject to availability and will be sold at full retail price.
- All orders of this type must be paid for immediately by credit card or cash through our in-store register.
- We make free local deliveries- within a 15 mile radius- every Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Orders roasted on or before Wednesday will be delivered on Wednesday. Orders roasted on either Thursday or Friday will be delivered on Friday.
- We typically deliver between the times of noon and 4 pm. If you need a specific delivery time due to specific open and/or peak hours, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Because our delivery schedule coincides with our production schedule, we ask for the same 48 hour notice for any special requests.
- We deliver Coldbrew products on the same schedule as roasted coffee.
- We always aim to ship the same day we roast. In the event that production runs late, wholesale orders will be shipped the following day.
- We typically ship via USPS with the exception of packages over 70 pounds.
- We will provide you with a tracking number via email once your order ships.
- We ship only within the contiguous 48 states.
- Orders over $200 qualify for free shipping *for most locations.
- If you would prefer to pick-up you order from our roasting facility, you may do so during our standard shop open hours.
*Please be aware that most orders will be complete and ready for pick-up after 2pm the day it is roasted.
- We can NOT ship Coldbrew products (concentrate, Bunnyhop, kegs, or anything else in a glass bottle). These products must stay refrigerated.
- We require that all new accounts pay through the wholesale portal before an order is processed.
- If you’re a recurring customer, one of our Account Managers would be happy to talk to you about terms.
- We require a signed copy of an invoice for every delivery or pick-up. You will be provided with an identical copy.
- We can pick-up empty glass growlers/bottles upon delivery. Please have them ready for the driver to grab. Your signed invoice will reflect the credits awarded for such returns.
Support & Training
- We offer free coffee cuppings at our roasting facility to any Velo wholesale account. In fact, cuppings are a great exercise for sampling new coffees, developing one’s palate, or building continuity amongst your staff. While, we have semi-regularly scheduled cuppings, we are more-than-happy to accommodate an account by scheduling a specific time.
- Individuals from any of Velo’s wholesale accounts are welcome to attend weekly QC and/or employee cuppings at Velo. Please contact us directly for a weekly cupping schedule.
- We offer a very limited training curriculum to accounts who need guidance in the basics of coffee brewing and extraction. Most of what we offer is tailored specifically to the customer’s needs and schedule.
- Due to the size of our team and time restrictions, we do NOT provide in-depth espresso prep training.
- One of our Account Managers is always available to answer questions, provide samples or even consult about the many facets of coffee service.
If I forget to order by the deadline, when can I expect my coffee?
Orders placed after the deadline will be pushed to the following delivery day. Please see our above policies for roasting and last minute/weekend fulfillment.
Why won’t you ship Coldbrew products?
In order to preserve the integrity of our Coldbrew products, we keep them refrigerated from the moment we bottle until we hand it off to you. Refrigerated, most of our Coldbrew products have a shelf life of 90 days. We do not yet have an economical method of shipping cold products, but we DO offer free local delivery to our wholesale partners.
I just received whole bean coffee but I need it ground. What should I do?
If you just received an order of whole bean coffee and don’t have access to a grinder, let us know as quickly as possible by calling the shop directly or by contacting one of our production team members and we will do our best to quickly replace it with ground coffee.
If you require a specific grind other than our standard “drip” grind, please let us know. And as always, you have the choice of ordering ground coffee when ordering through the online wholesale store.
It’s Friday afternoon and I just realized that I don’t have enough coffee for the weekend. What can Velo do for me?
Because we roast to order, we keep little “extra” coffee on hand at any given time. We certainly cannot promise that we will have enough for an entire order, but we promise to do everything we can to help out. Please see our above policy for last minute weekend orders.
A key piece of my coffee equipment just failed or broke. Can Velo help me?
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to operate a regular repair shop. We are, however, happy to refer you to our friends at Coffee Machine Service Co. They are based here in Chattanooga and service specialty coffee equipment.
If I prefer to pick up my coffee order, when can I do that?
Once your order’s status is marked “fulfilled” in the wholesale account portal, it is ready for pick up. Typically, we have orders ready for pick-up (or delivery) after 2pm on production days (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays), but feel free to stop in any time during our open hours.
I’m not in Chattanooga, how long does it take for me to receive my order via mail?
That obviously depends on your proximity to Chattanooga, but we typically account for a 2-3 day shipment schedule via USPS or UPS. Once an order is fulfilled and ready for pick-up from one of our carriers, we will update your order status with a tracking number. We always aim to ship orders the same day they are roasted.
How do I sample Velo’s coffee offerings?
Whether you are located here in Chattanooga or elsewhere, we can easily get you samples. Typically, we will send a box of 2 oz. pouches of all our wholesale offerings, but if you prefer to try specific coffees, simply let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Additionally, we can get you samples of our Coldbrew products if you like; we just CANNOT ship Coldbrew products.
We would also love to put a retail box in your hands if you are unfamiliar with our wholebean retail packaging and interested in selling them in your establishment.